Sunday, December 13, 2009

a brief reflection on being on the road

I'm in BWI airport waiting for a delayed flight to Atlanta.

It occurs to me that the road is an artificial life. No cooking, no washing of dishes, no financial concerns, no laundry, no cleaning up, low relational stress. There is the work which is a constant and because of the artificiality of the road, sometimes work expands to consume all hours. I find I tend not to truly relax very much on the road. When not working, catching up on email, or creating new material for clients, I do enjoy the extra time to read. Truly, as I've said before, anybody who thinks traveling very much is glamorous doesn't travel very much. That being said, I'm very grateful for my dear one who holds down the fort and takes care of our beauties when I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment